Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thinking of You!

Well, I really thought I was done with Chimney Rock and then I got an email that was too good not to share. Which, with permission and with a few names removed, I will.
But first, a little about the village of Chimney Rock.

It was pretty empty the day I was there but it's obviously a magnet for summer crowds. It reminds me of the western North Carolina I saw one summer back in Fifties.There are telescopes for looking at the 'chimney' and the main street is lined with establishments selling barbecue, ice cream, fudge, walking sticks, and all manner of mountain souvenirs. And postcards.

And that brings me to the email I just had to share.
My correspondent, who shall remain nameless, wrote:

"Back in the late 60's , early 70's  a friend and I visited the tourist attraction. Became intrigued with the symbolism of the "Chimney Rock" got the giggles, bought post cards and sent them to a few womanizers we knew, doctors that we knew dallied around, and members of our hometown's society that considered themselves, in the parlance of today, "babe magnets."

We dashed off the line "thinking of you," stamped them and sent them on their way. Always wondered what the wife or secretary thought.

We were bad. So bad.   
:)"

Posted by Picasa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
coompax-digital magazine