Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bread Alone

Bread Alone and The Baker's Apprentice (along with Beeing about which I posted last week) were given to me by Carol Murdock of Writer's Porch. These charming novels (like Beeing) have as protagonist a woman seeking to make a life for herself after a divorce and finding herself by losing herself in a demanding occupation.
In these novels it's artisan bread making -- in a quaint little Seattle bakery -- that does the trick. With workdays that begin at midnight and end at breakfast time, Wynter quickly becomes immersed in the routine of bread-making.

These are wonderful comfort reads -- beautiful setting, romance, and recipes too. (Quite good recipes.) 


I find it interesting that, though I've never been divorced nor felt the need to reinvent myself, I loved these books. Perhaps it's just the pleasure of feeling that all of us have the potential for beginning again, should we need to.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
coompax-digital magazine