Popular Posts

Monday, March 1, 2010

One Key


A response to the picture prompt from Magpie Tales . . .
with apologies for where my mind has taken me . . .






The old candy man swore
The weight was true
In spite of the missing chip.

The buyer shrugged,
And put down his cash,
Eager for the trip.

 

One key of cocaine,
Ain't asking for more,
Just lay down the line
And open the door . . .
Oh, ain't that fine!
One key of cocaine . . .
Now watch me soar 
Oh, yeah, high flyin' . . .


One key of cocaine . . .
Lame dance; blind see . . .
Ho, ho, honey, take a whiff on me . . .

(Cue Leadbelly...)

ADDENDUM:

key - drug slang for kilogram
Candy man - drug dealer

I was intending to evoke the drug culture of early 20th century USA -- thus the link to the Leadbelly song.

Admittedly, a casual user wouldn't have been purchasing such a large amount ... I'm using my poetic license here. 


Posted by Picasa







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
coompax-digital magazine