Popular Posts

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sometimes a Great Gobble...

The sound of gobbling caught my attention yesterday morning and I looked out the bedroom window to see two big boys strutting their stuff,
We counted over thirty turkeys in all and I was far more fascinated by the gobblers than were the rest of the flock.

The two big boys stayed side by side much of the time and wheeled and advanced on the ladies with a slow and stately step.
It was like some ancient ceremonial dance, involving large fans.  I snapped and snapped, wishing I were closer.

Then some of the flock noticed me and took wing. Amazing to see how well these big birds fly!

The courting gobblers were not to be deterred. They just herded their harem away from me and continued with their dance.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
coompax-digital magazine