Popular Posts

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Room with a View

The weather on Friday convinced me not to go in search of family graves in the hinterlands of south Alabama. 
I ended up, instead, having lunch in Birmingham with a friend I met in San Francisco, back last October.
And enjoying happy hour and later dinner with some of the other authors and some of the organizers of Murder in the Magic City and Murder on the Menu.    

The weather is supposed to be better today when events get under way.

These pictures are from the place I stayed Thursday night. My current room offers a view of the swimming pool and a mall.

I know, I'm spoiled. And I'm here for the people -- who are terrific -- not the view.

 I miss my sunrises but I thought these towers in the mist were kind of eerie.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
coompax-digital magazine