Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Alabama Bound

I'm hitting the road today for a return to (some of) my roots. My mother's family came from Alabama  and its place names still echo in my mind: Troy, Evergreen, Forest Home, Andalusia, Brewton, Dothan, Birmingham (it was always pronounced 'Bum-ingham') and Conecuh County.

There'll be cotton fields and pecan trees. I'll enjoy the soft, familiar Alabama drawl. 


Tonight I'll be in Calera, speaking at the library. Tomorrow I'll go to Birmingham where on Saturday I'll participate in the conference called Murder in the Magic City (see sidebar for link.)

On Sunday I'll travel with the rest of the participants to Wetumpka for Murder on the Menu, after which I'll go to Headland to spend a little time with my brother. (Who got back to his roots in a serious way by moving from Florida to this charming little town.)

I know it'll be fun -- I was at the two 'Murder' events in '09 and came away with a great appreciation for Alabama's Southern hospitality.

If there's time and an internet connection, I'll post.  If not, I'll be back at the farm probably by Wednesday -- weather permitting -- and will catch up with you all then.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
coompax-digital magazine