Popular Posts

Thursday, March 31, 2011

We Have Pictures!

As some of you know, Herself, my esteemed editor, and I have been going round and round about what book I should write next. Of course, I could write anything I felt like and then hope that Ann, my esteemed agent, could sell it. But I keep hoping to tantalize Herself into offering me a contract. 

I want to write a kind of multi-generational story, set in Marshall County and beginning around the time of the Civil War --which was especially uncivil in these parts
Think Gone With the Wind    meets Cold Mountain.

Lots of romance, lots of lush scenery and period dialog, lots of fascinating characters.... I think it could be really good.

But in today's skittish publishing climate, They want something more, something that would really get people's attention. So...
What if I make some of the main characters vampires?
   
We could call it The Wind on Blood Mountain . . .
What day is it? Oh, yes, April 1.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
coompax-digital magazine